1. Orders despatched same working day
    if ordered before 3pm
  2. Home
  3. Login
  4. View Cart
  5. Checkout

Bishop Aukland 1896

Bishop Aukland 1896

Ref: DUR42.02

published 1993; introduction by Jennifer Gill
This very detailed map is double-sided to give maximum coverage. It includes most of the town of Bishop Auckland, historic home of the Bishop of Durham. The main map covers the town centre, with coverage stretching from Newton Cap Viaduct southward to the workhouse, and westward to the village of Escomb; Etherley Moor and Etherley Dene are in the lower SW corner. Features include the station, goods station, with the various railway lines fanning out; Town Head, Newgate Street, Tenters Street, Bridge End, Town Hall, St Anne's church, steel works, West Mill, Auckland Engine Works. On the reverse more than half of adjacent sheet 42.03 is included, taking coverage further east, and this includes Auckland Castle, cemetery, Gaunless Roller Flour Mills, Pollard's Lands, Canney Hill.

Price:1.50



Bishop Aukland 1896


Recently Viewed