1. Orders despatched same working day
    if ordered before 3pm
  2. Home
  3. Login
  4. View Cart
  5. Checkout

Lanchester 1895

Lanchester 1895

Ref: DUR19.05

published 1997; introduction by Carolyn Ball
This very detailed map covers Lanchester, once a significant Roman centre - Longovicium - now largely an attractive commuter village for Durham. Our map is double-sided for maximum coverage. The main map covers the village centre and extends eastward about a mile into countryside and High Burnhopeside Plantation. Features include the village centre, NER Lanchester Valley Branch and station, All Saints church, Workhouse, The Green. The Peth climbs steeply up through the map to the crossroads at Burnhope, with Pethlane Head Quarries at the top. On the back part of adjacent sheet 18.08 extends coverage westward and includes the site of the Roman Station and route of Roman Road. We also include a directory.

Price:1.50




Recently Viewed