1. Orders despatched same working day
    if ordered before 3pm
  2. Home
  3. Login
  4. View Cart
  5. Checkout

Barry 1936

Barry 1936

Ref: GLA50.04

This very detailed map covers much of the town of Barry, which sprang up rapidly after 1884 as a mighty coal exporting port. Coverage stretches from Pontypridd Road and Salisbury Road eastward to Morel Street and George Street, and from North Walk southward to the No.1 Dock. The northern part of the No.1 Dock is shown, with detail including a dozen of the coal hoists, with railway sidings, the detail even including mooring posts. Other features on the map include GWR General Offices, locomotive repairing works, Jenner Park football ground, municipal buildings, Memorial Hall, Glamorgan Training College, Alexandra Gardens, St Paul's church and many streets of housing. A list of private residents from a 1906 directory is included on the reverse.

Price:1.50



Barry 1936


Recently Viewed