|Acocks Green 1902-11 Ref: WAR14.15|
|Detailed map of Acocks Green; Warwickshire 14.15. Historical introduction by John Boynton.incl Tyseley. Special Edition, showing area under development; largely still in Worcestershire in 1902. |
|Birmingham Central 1902-11 Ref: WAR14.05|
|Detailed map of Birmingham; Warwickshire 14.05. Historical introduction by Richard Abbott. The heart of the city, incl New St, Snow Hill, Curzon St stns, and including parts of Deritend and Bordesley. |
|Birmingham (East) 1901 Ref: WAR14.06|
|Detailed map of Birmingham (E); Warwickshire 14.06. Historical introduction by Richard Abbott. From St Andrews church to Bordesley Green and Little Bromwich. |
|Birmingham (Saltley) 1902 Ref: WAR14.02|
|Detailed map of Saltley; Warwickshire sheet 14.02. Historical introduction by John Gough. Birmingham NE, incl Saltley, Nechells, Washwood Heath. |
|Birmingham (West) 1914 Ref: WAR13.08|
|Detailed map of Birmingham (W); Warwickshire 13.08. Historical introduction by Alan Godfrey. Covers busy area incl Ladywood, Five Ways, Summer Hill, part of Rotton Park. |
|Birmingham (West) 1887 (coloured Edition) Ref: WAR13.08a|
|We have published two versions of this busy map, showing how the area changed across the years. Coverage stretches from Rotton Park Reservoir eastward to Bingley Hall and King Alfred's Place, and from Spring Hill southward to Five Ways and Hagley Road.|
The map includes the Ladywood area and has a marked contrast between the cramped streets of terraces and back-to-backs of Ladywood and the more spacious detached houses on the south side of Hagley Road, at the foot of the map. The busy Broad Street area is included. Features include Birmingham Canal, Birmingham Canal (Old Line), various branch canals, LNWR Stour Valley Railway with Monument Lane station, goods stations and engine sheds, Harborne Branch with Icknield Port Road station, tramways, Children's Hospital, Grammar School, Queen's Hospital, Bingley Hall, skating rinks, Assembly Rooms, Prince of Wales Theatre, many engineering works and other workshops, Palace Theatre, St John's church, The Oratory, RC High School, Summerfield Park, schools, Lower Edgbaston Reservoir, etc and much else. On the reverse we include a selection of street directory entries.
The 1887 version is fully coloured, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition OS handcoloured edition.
|Bournbrook 1902-11 Ref: WAR13.16|
|Detailed map of Bournbrook; Warwickshire 13.16. Historical introduction by John Maddison. Shows unfinished University; also incl part of Selly Park in Worcestershire. |
|Edgbaston 1901 Ref: WAR13.12|
|Detailed map of Edgbaston; Warks sheet 13.12. Introduction by Richard Abbott. |
|Edgbaston 1887 (Coloured Edition) Ref: WAR13.12a|
|This detailed map covers much of Edgbaston, with coverage stretching from Norfolk Road eastward to Elvetham Road, and from Five Ways station southward to Somerset Road. The eastern part of Harborne is also shown, as is the Calthorpe Fields area.|
Features include Edgbaston Park, Edgbaston Hall, Midland Railway West Suburban Branch with Somerset Road, Church Road and Five Ways stations, Cottesmore Priory, Hallfield, St James church, General Institution for the Blind, Royal Institution for Deaf & Dumb Children, Mariemont, Worcester & Birmingham Canal, Botanical Gardens, Harborne Hill House, Chad Hill, Chad Valley, Oak Mount, many large houses and villas, St Bartholomew's church, etc. Note that Edgbaston cricket ground is not on this map. Directory extracts are included on the reverse.
The 1887 version is fully coloured, taken from the beautiful 1st Edition OS handcoloured map.
|Four Oaks 1902 Ref: WAR04.11|
|Detailed map of Four Oaks; Warwickshire sheet 4.11|
Introduction by Roger Lea
Covers the area north of Sutton Colfield incl Moor Hall, Four Oaks Station, Doe Bank, Little Sutton, Lady Wood and Four Oaks Park.
|Harborne 1901 Ref: WAR13.11|
|Detailed map of Harborne; Warwickshire 13.11. Historical introduction by Terry Slater. Revised edition. Harborne village, incl stn, Westfield Rd, Queens Park. |
|Harborne (South) 1901 Ref: WAR13.15|
|Detailed map of Harborne (S); Warks sheet 13.15|
Introduction by Dr Malcolm Nixon
Covers California, Harborne House, St Peters Church, Harborne Park and Golden Cross Public House.
|Moseley 1913 Ref: WAR14.13|
|Detailed map of Moseley; Warwickshire sheet 14.13. Historical introduction by John Boynton. Incl Cannon Hill Pk, Brighton Rd stn. |
|Small Heath & Sparkbrook 1903 Ref: WAR14.10|
|Detailed map of Small Heath; Warwickshire 14.10. Historical introduction by Richard Abbott. |
|South Yardley & Hay Mills 1903 Ref: WAR14.11|
|Detailed map of S Yardley; Warwickshire sheet 14.11. Historical introduction by John Boynton. In fact mostly a Worcestershire sheet ( 6.11). |
|SparkhIll & Greet 1903 Ref: WAR14.14|
|Detailed map of Sparkhill; Warwickshire 14.14. Historical introduction by Alan Godfrey. Still largely in Worcestershire (sheet 6.14) before incorporation into Birmingham. Includes Showell Green and west Tyseley. |
|Birmingham Winson Green & Hockley 1888 Ref: WAR13.04a|
|Published 1988; intro by John Maddison. ISBN.978-0-85054-208-0|
The maps cover the busy Winson Green area of north west Birmingham, including parts of Hockley, Gib Heath and Brookfields. Coverage stretches from Winson Street eastward to Hockley Hill and from Charleville Road southward to Spring Hill. The many features include Winson Green Prison (left blank for security reasons), City Lunatic Asylum, Workhouse and Infirmary, Atlas Works, General Cemetery, Warstone Lane Cemetery, Birmingham Canal, Birmingham Canal (Old Line), GWR railway with Soho station, Hockley station, goods stations, Hockley goods yard; LNWR railway incl Winson Green station, Soho Junction; tramways and depot, Soho Pool Wharf, St Chrysostom's church, Time Watch Works, The Mint, disinfecting station, many schools, many streets of mostly terraced housing, many small works, Soho Hill Chapel etc. We include a selection of street directory entries on the reverse of each map.
|Winson Green & Hockley 1903 Ref: WAR13.04b|
|Detailed map of Winson Green; Warwickshire 13.04. Historical introduction by John Maddison. incl Gib Heath, Warstone Lane Cemetery, workhouse. |